TCA uses the traditional academic school calendar of thirty-six weeks, divided into four quarters, with two quarters making up a semester. The Christian curriculum series from Bob Jones University Press is used for all subjects. We recognize the fundamental importance of integrating biblical wor;d view across the curriculum in addition to studying the Bible, which is a required subject at all grade levels. If you have any additional questions regarding the curriculum being used, please feel free to contact our Middle & High School Curriculum Specialist at (386) 789-4515 x170.
The following documents are required as part of our admissions process:
- Proof of citizenship or legal status in the US
- State or Government issued ID
- Most recent School Entry Physical Exam ( DH Form 4030)
- Updated Florida Shots record from your pediatricians office.
In addition to the above listed documents we also require the following:
- For 1st through 6th grade students – the academic record should include the final report card for the previous 2 school years and quarter grades for the current year along with standardized testing results, attendance record, and a discipline report from the school. If no discipline on file, a letter from the school stating such will suffice. Please also include IEP, 504 Plan or Psychological Evaluation if the student has one. If you have been awarded a scholarship, a copy of the award letter is also needed.
- For 7th through 9th grade students – academic records should include middle school records, standardized testing results, attendance record, discipline record and an IEP, 504 Plan or Psychological Evaluation if the student has one. If no discipline on file, a letter from the school stating such will suffice. If you have been awarded a scholarship, a copy of the award letter is also needed.
- For 10th through 12th grade students – an official high school transcript is needed which should reflect any and all high school courses taken, discipline record, attendance record, and an IEP, 504 Plan or Psychological Evaluation if the student has one. If no discipline on file, a letter from the school stating such will suffice. If you have been awarded a scholarship, a copy of the award letter is also needed.
- Schedule Admission/Placement Testing.
Once all of the above listed required documents have been submitted to the admissions office either in person or via email at email@example.com, an appointment for testing can be scheduled and paid for through a special link that will be provided. There is a $50 admission testing fee which is non-refundable.
- Documents and test results will be evaluated by Administration for admission. An interview may be required prior to admission determination.
- Notification of admission determination is given.
- Finalize registration.
Upon acceptance, a link will be provided to complete registration forms and make $100 registration fee payment (non-refundable. If you have applied and been awarded one of the scholarships we accept (Florida Tax Credit, Florida Empowerment, and Hope) after submitting initial documents above, please provide a copy of the award letter to our Business office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that an updated shot record and school entry physical dated within one year of applying is required before the student can start school.
- Our Business office will discuss admission and tuition fees and indicate when they are due. Final documents must be submitted and admissions fees paid in order to start school.
- Our Business office will discuss admissions fees when you register and indicate the date your admissions fees and tuition payment is due. Final documents must be submitted and admissions fees paid in order to start school.