We are seeking a part-time coach that will oversee and direct an entire athletic team. Coaches develop strategies and training regimens, plan practices and schedule games and matches in coordination with the Athletic Director. Skills necessary would be teaching new techniques and skills by breaking down the basics; creating practice plans that challenge and provide proper instruction; and communicating team goals, objectives, and individual roles to develop a cohesive team. Requirements to become a Head Coach vary by sport and by level.
- Must be a Christian and actively attend a local church.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college coursework is preferred.
- Experience working with children and students.
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting of up to approximately 30 pounds may be required.
- Part-time position, on-call when necessary.
- Desire to continue career improvement
- Frequent travel for away games.
- Ability to communicate comfortably (written and orally) with students, parents/guardians, administrators, and others.
- Ability to follow and enforce rules, policies, and procedures.
- Support the philosophy and mission of Trinity Christian Academy.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Assists with preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Receives guidance and instruction from more senior coaches in general and specific coaching procedures, methods, and techniques.
- Assists as directed with the oversight of athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts; provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport.
- Assists in monitoring and supporting student-athletes in academic progress.
- Assists as appropriate in planning and arranging team travel.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.