The Director of Transportation acts as the designee to make day-to-day decisions relative to the provision of all aspects of transportation. Main duties will be preparing, publishing and implementing bus and vehicle driver pre- and post-trip safety inspections; scheduling the use of the fleet and minor maintenance repair or coordination of major repair in regards to any aspect of the school provided transportation.
- Must be a Christian and actively attend a local church.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college coursework is preferred. CDL with Pupil endorsement/certification required. Satisfactory driving record.
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting of up to approximately 30 pounds may be required.
- Full-time position Monday through Friday. 12 month employee.
- Work day from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Desire to continue career improvement and travel if necessary.
- Ability to communicate comfortably (written and orally) with students, parents/guardians, administrators, and others.
- Ability to follow and enforce rules, policies, and procedures.
- Support the philosophy and mission of Trinity Christian Academy.
- Requires the ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction.
- Requires the ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, to follow oral and written instructions.
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Develops and implements initial and refresher safety training programs for employees which focus on and incorporate OSHA requirements; children needs as directed by federal, state and local regulations while being transported on system vehicles; safe and defensive driver training techniques for all school bus and school system activity bus drivers; and any other special safety training tailored to meet the needs of employees.
- Coordinates with Headmaster to achieve safe loading and unloading zones for buses and safe vehicular and pedestrian traffic movement while on school campuses.
- In accordance with state and local regulations, plans and administers an efficient vehicle maintenance program which ensures activity buses and other system-owned vehicles are mechanically safe and sound to operate.
- Establishes and implements procedures for safeguarding transportation equipment.
- Manages all aspects of the activity bus program to include acquisition, allocation, utilization, reimbursement for use and a mechanical repair schedule.
- Coordinates with Headmaster and other administrative staff in the planning of bus schedules and the dissemination of schedule information with both school and church.
- Investigates and reports accidents involving transportation vehicles and coordinates accident claims office personnel.
- Coordinates with the Division of Motor Vehicle the filing of records and reports on Motor Vehicle Safety and Emissions inspections performed by personnel.
- Monitors weather and road conditions. Activates, whenever required, the administrative team which makes recommendations directly to the Headmaster for changes in bus usage as appropriate.
- Represents the school at any meetings related to transportation issues.
- Approves all bus driver certification and maintains records of Commercial Drivers’ License and School Bus Driver Certification for drivers and works with the Business Office for insurance purposes.
- Coordinate a schedule of maintenance and repairs on all vehicles to assure safe operating conditions
- Purchase and maintain records of equipment, services and supplies used.
- Attend and engage in regularly scheduled staff meetings and occasionally engage in parent participation events and other events that may be on nights and/or weekends. Attendance at Orientation and Open House preparations and event dates are mandatory.
- Reports directly to the Headmaster and Lead Pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Headmaster or Pastors.