Helping the lead teacher, planning activities for students, feeding and changing children, and keeping the classroom clean and organized. Duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- Engage children in activities and play that stimulates their development
- Appropriately supervise children while keeping them safe at all times
- Assist children with activities of daily life (e.g., diapering/restroom use, feeding, dressing)
- Approach parents daily and speak with them about their child(ren)
- Help facilitate daily activities that are developmentally appropriate for preschoolers.
- Create and maintain an environment that is clean, organized, and safe for all children.
- Establish a professional level of rapport with each family in order to provide quality care and friendly service.
- Assist the Lead Teacherin implementing curriculum and planning daily activities that are developmentally appropriate for young children.
- Attend and engage in occasional parent participation events and other events that may be on nights and/or weekends.
- Assist with the completion of daily sheets and the daily activities pertaining to eating, sleeping, and diaper changing.
- Communicate with the Lead Teacherregarding all aspects of the children’s care as well as classroom management.
- Maintain a professional self-image and project the values of the organization at all times.
- Must be organized, self-sufficient, and able to interact effectively with students, parents, faculty and staff, and team with lead teacher. Willing and able to take over a class as required.
- Communicates in a friendly and positive manner towards parents, students, faculty and staff.
- Protects students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Ensures the safety of students at all times.
Ability to communicate comfortably (written and orally) with students, parents/guardians, administrators, and others.
Ability to follow and enforce rules, policies, and procedures.
Teacher’s Assistants are under the supervision of the Lead Teacher in the classroom and report directly to the Director.
Must be at least 18 years old
Must be a Christian and actively attending local church
High school diploma or equivalent
Experience working with children and students preferred
Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting of up to approximately 30 pounds may be required
Hourly pay – Hours 7:30am to 1:00pm Monday through Friday
Complete application and submit along with resume to email@example.com